Additional navigation for pages within this section of the website
Please click here to watch a promotional video all about Jerramungup...
Known as the Root Pickers Hall because it was paid for through volunteers picking mallee roots, and opened in April 1958, the hall is situated adjacent to Roe Park.
All Saints Church
The church was built in 1967 and is inter-denominational. Service times are displayed on a notice board in the Church gardens.
Named after John Septimus Roe who was the first Surveyor General, the park includes a children's playground, skateboard track, basketball ring and barbecue facilities. A memorial plaque to Major Colin Cameron, War Service Land Services Supervisor, can be found in the south east corner of the park.
An attractive tree-shaded park with electric barbecue, picnic facilities, tourist information board and public toilets (disabled facilities provided), this area is also the designated coachline pickup and drop off point, and the starting point for the Jerramungup Heritage Trail.
Jerramungup Heritage Trail
The Jerramungup Heritage Trail starts from Lions Park and visits the following points of interest:
- Tourist Information Centre
- Old Powerhouse
- Former War Service Office
- Jerramungup Town Hall
- Major Colin Cameron Plaque in Roe Park
- All Saints Community Church
- Shire of Jerramungup Administration Building
This was an Aboriginal meeting place. It is located on private property, on the northern side of the South Coast Highway, 6km east of Jerramungup.
Home to a pioneering family whose descendants have occupied the land for over a century, the homestead is on private property but can be seen to the north from the Gairdner River Bridge 5km east of Jerramungup on the South Coast Highway.
This item was last updated on 31 March 2016
For more information contact:
- Mon - Fri: 8.30am to 4.30pm
- 08 9835 1022
- 08 9835 1161