Additional navigation for pages within this section of the website
New lots are created through the land subdivision and amalgamation process. This process is controlled by the Western Australian Planning Commission, with advice from local government.
A subdivision application form and application guide with fee schedule can be downloaded from the Western Australian Planning Commission’s website.
The Shire has adopted the Local Government Guidelines for Subdivisional Development to set the standard for infrastructure expected as part of any subdivision.
If a use is not allowed under the Planning Scheme, Council may agree to amend it to allow for different uses. A number of factors need to be taken into account when an Amendment to a Planning Scheme is proposed. Generally, Council must be satisfied that:
- the proposal is consistent with the intentions of the Local Planning Strategy;
- an explanatory report has been provided clearly defining what is proposed is prepared; and
- the effects on the environment are considered and that social and economic effects have been addressed.
All Planning Scheme Amendments will have an accompanying fee that will need to be paid before the matter is determined. Please refer to Planning Fees and Charges for an application form and details of related charges.
This item was last updated on 30 November 2016
For more information contact:
Craig Pursey, Planning Officer
- Mon - Fri: 8.30am to 4.30pm
- 08 9837 4070 or 0458 705 283
- 9837 4272