Additional navigation for pages within this section of the website
Local Planning Scheme & Policies
LOCAL PLANNING SCHEME NO.2
All land in the Shire of Jerramungup is subject to Local Planning Scheme controls; all development and change of use requires Planning Approval.
Development within the Shire of Jerramungup is administered through Local Planning Scheme No.2 which was gazetted in 2007. The Local Planning Scheme consists of the Scheme Text and Maps.
The Town Planning Scheme calls up the Residential Design Codes of WA (the R-Codes) to control and guide development in residential areas.
LOCAL PLANNING POLICIES
The Local Planning Scheme also allows for the adoption of Local Planning Policies to guide certain types of development in the Shire. Click below to download a Policy:
- Local Planning Policy No 1 - R2/15 Flexible Coded Areas
- Local Planning Policy No 2 - Performance Criteria for Medium Density Residential Development - DRAFT
- Local Planning Policy No 3 - Design Guidelines and Detailed Area Plan
- Local Planning Policy No 4 - Advertising Signs
- Local Planning Policy No 5 - Use of Reflective Building Materials
- Local Planning Policy No 6 - Tourist Accommodation
- Local Planning Policy No 7 - Kent Location 95 Dillon Bay and Kent Location 839 Millers Point
- Local Planning Policy No 8 - Parking and Repair of Commercial Vehicles in Residential Zones
- Local Planning Policy No 9 - Feed Lots
- Local Planning Policy No 10 - Agroforestry and Plantations
- Local Planning Policy No 11 - Public Consultation for Development Applications
- Local Planning Policy No 12 - Requirement for Fire Managament Plans
- Local Planning Policy No 13 - Extractive Industries
- Local Planning Policy No 14 - Sea Containers
- Local Planning Policy No 15 - Transported Buildings
- Local Planning Policy No 16 - Outbuildings
- Local Planning Policy No 17 - Water Conservation
- Local Planning Policy No 18 - Point Henry Fire Management
- Local Planning Policy No 19 - Bremer Bay Town Centre Design Guidelines
- Local Planning Policy No 20 - Holiday Homes
- Local Planning Policy No 21 - Subdivision Guide Plan
- DRAFT Local Planning Policy No 22 - BAL Colour plans
Local Development Plan
Local Development Plans (LDP's) are intended to guide the residential development of approved subdivisions, in particular addressing earthworks, retaining and surveillance of public open space.
Area Specific Planning
The Shire of Jerramungup adopted the Bremer Bay Town Centre Structure Plan in 2012 to guide the development of the Bremer Bay Town Centre. This document provides the planning framework to guide the future staged development of this area and the co-ordinated provision of infrastructure and services. More information is available at the following link: Bremer Bay Town Centre
Directional Sign Guidelines
The primary purpose of directional signage is to assist the community to locate services and facilities. Road directional signage is not intended to be a form of advertising for any particular business or facility.
The Shire will maintain and update the information bays at the entry to the town sites as the appropriate place for commercial advertising.
This policy attempts to balance the need to keep signage in the road reserve to a minimum, while still allowing for the necessary directions to be given to the travelling public.
This item was last updated on 30 November 2016
For more information contact:
Craig Pursey, Planning Officer
- Mon - Fri: 8.30am to 4.30pm
- 08 9837 4070 or 0458 705 283
- 9837 4272