What does it mean?
Demolition works means the complete or partial demolition of a building or structure by pre-planned and controlled methods or procedures.

What to do?
If you wish to carry out any demolition works within the Shire of Jerramungup, you need to apply for a Demolition Permit first, before any demolition work commences. Only after your application has been assessed and approved by the Shire’s building surveyor, you may start with the demolition works.

Do I need a demolition licence or need to hire a licenced demolition contractor?
Single story dwellings can be demolished without holding a demolition licence. Although a licence is not required to demolish a single story dwelling, all demolition work must be carried out properly using safe work procedures and systems of work. There is a duty of care that all demolition is carried out in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984, the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 and Australian Standard 2601 – The Demolition of Structures.

This item was last updated on 30 October 2018

For more information contact:

Janna Cheshire, Building Surveyor / EHO Administration Officer
Monday - Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
08 9837 4070
08 9837 4272

Send a message via the Contact form