- step 2: getting the right approval

Planning approvals and building permits are two separate development application processes that may be required before a development can commence.

In some cases, both planning approval and building permits will be necessary. If both are required, planning approval is needed before a building permit can be issued.

Building permits are needed for the construction or installation any new houses (incl. transportable dwellings), sheds, carports and patios, some retaining walls and freestanding walls, some rainwater tanks, swimming pools and spas, sea containers as well as alterations and/or addition to existing buildings and structures. Installation of some signage might also require building permits.

Developments in Caravan Parks (including park homes, annexes, garden sheds, patios, and tropical roofs) also require Shire approvals.

Please get in touch with the development team early in the process to find out exactly which approvals your development will require.

This item was last updated on 14 January 2019

For more information contact:

Shire of Jerramungup Development Team
Mon - Fri: 8.30am to 4.00pm
08 9837 4070

Send a message via the Contact form