Additional navigation for pages within this section of the website
The Shire of Jerramungup has been successful in receiving funding from the Department of Sport and Recreation to administer the KidSport program.
KidSport makes it possible for eligible children to join a not-for-profit sport or recreation club, by contributing up to $200 towards paying club registration and other agreed fees.
To be eligible children must;
- Live within the Shire of Jerramungup
- Be aged 5 – 18 years
- Have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card
If you do not have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card, but suffer from financial difficulty you may visit a KidSport financial assesor to determine if you are eligible to receive funding.
Applicants can apply for KidSport funding to pay fees for a number of registered clubs. Funding is only available to cover fees of clubs that are registered for KidSport with the Shire of Jerramungup. The list of registered clubs is continually growing, if the club you would like to join is not currently registered, please contact Accounts Payable Officer on (08) 9835 1022 to discuss if it is eligible to become a registered club.
It is preferred that a child applying for KidSport funding register with clubs within the Shire of Jerramungup, but it is not essential.
How to apply
- Ensure you meet ALL the eligibility criteria
- Complete KidSport Application Voucher, which can be obtained below or by visiting the Shire of Jerramungup Administration Office during normal office hours
- Parent/Guardian must complete all sections of the Application Voucher
- Attend the Shire of Jerramungup Administration Office Monday to Friday between 8:30am to 4:00pm to have the voucher validated. Ensure you bring your health care card/pension concession card/referral form and photo ID confirming your residential address is within the Shire of Jerramungup.
Alternatively you can post your completed voucher, along with a copy of your health care card/pension concession card/referral form and photo ID to:
Att: KidSport Project Officer
Shire of Jerramungup
PO Box 92
JERRAMUNGUP WA 6337
Once your postal application has been processed it will be returned to you via post.
Validated application vouchers must then be presented to selected clubs to complete the registration process.
Useful Kidsport Documents
This item was last updated on 12 December 2016
For more information contact:
- Mon - Fri: 8.30am to 4.30pm
- 08 9835 1022
- 08 9835 1161