Bremer Bay Civic Square Community Reference Group
In planning for the Bremer Bay Town Centre, an area was identified for a Civic Square. The landscape master plan describes this area as “a shaded forecourt that has the potential for large community gatherings and accommodates a play/sculptural space”.
The Shire has engaged Fremantle- based landscape architecture firm UDLA, to undertake concept design for the proposed Civic Square.
To commence the design process, the Shire would like to appoint a Community Reference Group (CRG). This group will assist the Shire and UDLA to design a Civic Square that represents the needs and wants of the community. It is envisaged that 8-10 residents/key stakeholders/Councillors will form the CRG.
The following document outlines the roles and responsibilities of the Community Reference Group associated with the concept design of the new Bremer Bay Civic Square.
Terms of Reference
The roles and responsibilities of the CRG are outlined below in the following Terms of Reference. Please note that in some instances the CRG member may be a representative from a larger interest group and some of the Terms of Reference below relate specifically to that scenario.
The responsibilities and attributes of each member of the CRG should be:
• To represent their community / interest group faithfully and advise on issues of importance to the community and their suburb;
• Verify local information and comment on the findings presented at each design workshop;
• To remain impartial with regards to political or personal gain;
• To openly and respectfully communicate with the other reference group members;
• To have the ability to organise and communicate information to and from their representative groups and provide unbiased feedback at timely intervals (circular reporting);
• Generate community interest;
• To have the ability to attend the two design workshops; and,
• To be visionary in their approach, being positive, broad minded and motivated with regard to project opportunities.
In early 2014, UDLA will facilitate two design workshops with the CRG. Workshops shall be held in Bremer Bay on the below dates (dates and times to be confirmed closer to the time). Workshops will be approximately 2 hours in duration and are expected to be informal in nature, with a short presentation to begin, followed by an inclusive design session to take the CRG through the following design process:
• Workshop One: 27/02/2014 Opportunities and directions, and draft concept possibilities/options
• Workshop Two: 27/03/2014 Review and feedback on one draft concept plan
The process will result in one final concept plan that is agreed upon by the CRG being presented to Council.
To register your interest in becoming a member on the Community Reference Group, please contact the Shire of Jerramungup on (08) 9835 1022 or firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 20 December 2013.
For further information about the Civic Square Project please contact Bill Parker from the Shire of Jerramungup or Scott Lang from UDLA on 9336 7577 or Scott@udla.com.au.
This item was last updated on 2 December 2013
For more information contact:
- Mon - Fri: 8.30am to 4.30pm
- 08 9835 1022
- 08 9835 1161